This all-natural cork board is one of the most environmentally friendly building materials available.
Semi rigid expanded insulation cork board is produced from the natural cork granules created as the by-product of the stopper industry. These cork granules are steam-heated which causes the cork to expand activating suberin, a natural binder that is in the cork. No other binders or chemicals are added.
Cork has been used as an insulation materials for centuries. In the past, it has been used for cold storage and has been used in Europe for decades as a rigid insulation material.
As a green building material:
- Cork is rapidly renewable and totally sustainable
- Durable yet biodegradable
- Produced from sustainable forestry operation
- By-product from the waste of the cork stopper industry
- Insulation boards in various thicknesses
Cork insulation qualities:
- Sound control qualities
- Insulative qualities
- Fire-resistant to European Class E
- High vapour permeability
- Multi-functional – use also as a wall covering and tack board
Use for insulation:
- Exterior insulation layer on exterior walls and roofs